Sunday 23 October 2011

Illusion (don’t believe what you hear)


Illusion (don’t believe what you hear)
          I entered the principal’s room and told him I had finished all the formalities. He asked me a few questions about my experience, my antecedents generally, the mode in which I propose to use the knowledge I acquire and finally, he said, “When do you wish to begin?”
          “Now,” I replied.
          “Well, these two records you should maintain, the first one is late comers’ record and second one is dress code record. M….m the other one is disciplinary record as you are a new students’ counselor I’ll maintain this.”
          I glanced at the records.
          “One thing Mr. Senthil,” principal continued, “when the students make mistakes, you should make them realize their mistakes and not punish them even verbally”
          “These nitty-gritties I know sir.”
          “Ok all the best” he walked off. I went to the reception hall. It was 9.30 am. From there I saw, a father and his sons rushing into the school. Wow, I was tempted to counsel the parent. I’d list out all the points the student had to face for coming late. The person next to me buzzed, “He is a politician, the area counselor.” But I know no one could stop me when I had decided to follow the rules.
          I stopped them and began entering their names in the record. The father gazed me and told, “I want to meet principal”.        
          “Yea, sure. I’m working as per the principal’s order.”
          After a while I heard the principal’s voice from his chamber, “Senthil, be flexible, remove the names from the record.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment